Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Oregon Trail - Day 10

We woke this morning about 7:00 with Kit telling us that the deer were just outside her door for a little treat.  Wow, there were four big bucks with huge racks - they ranged from 13 to 10 points and ate right out of our hands.  This is what Kit does with the left overs from her garden. 

Then we went to the nearby Alpaca farm.  The Alpaca had the cutest faces and the farm was so beautiful and immaculately groomed.  I think they have over 500 Alpaca right now and they show them in competition.  We got to go out in the pasture and pet them and just loved how soft they were.  Then we went to the elk farm right up the road and got to hear them bellow at each other.  WOW!!  Handsome animals.

We went to McKenzie Pass to The Sea of Lava in the heavy rain.  Not exactly a pretty scene, but awesome at what a volcano thousands of years ago can do and still looks like today.  Unbelievable!  We stopped in Sisters for a short shopping spree and lunch at a Russian Deli.  Nice little town.  We walked up and down and up and down the trails to see Koosah and Sahalia Falls.  Great!!  In the mist we definitely walked off that lunch. 

We spent the rest of the evening and part of the night getting the RV packed and ready for our trip up the north Oregon coast. 


Marmalade's Side of the Story

Sight seeing was pretty good and getting to hang over the edge to see the waterfalls was - well my little heart was pounding again - fun.  Even if it was in the rain.  The Alpaca were OK, but I got really scared when that little baby one started trying to take my favorite red neck ribbon right off me.  It was a real tug of war and do you know they were all talking about how cute that little animal was while I was in a battle to save my neck.  People, what were they thinking?  One of those things even gave me sugar.  Sorry again, Sidney. 

They have been packing lots of stuff into the "RV" all night.  I know I am going to turn into a car seat.  Maybe I'll just stay at home with my Sidney, drama queen, next time Nonnie and Bop get a wild hair.

2 comments:

4mckenzies said...

Maybe Sidney should come w/ you next time Marmalade???? :)

4mckenzies said...

Baker is with Nonnie on the trip! Don't you see him?! Silly boy really wants to go next time!