Sunday, March 12, 2023

PINTEREST ANYONE?

Ok, so I went to church yesterday and someone said, "I know what you were doing last night at midnight."  Really!?

Come to find out, she really did.

Pinterest.  More fun than sticky notes, and what a way to waste massive hours planning to make something that will be 'oh so cute', and never have time to do it.  Can anyone identify?  Maybe I need to unplug and just get busy crafting a few of the cutesy things I have pinned. 


RETHINKING THE SHACK
Speaking of Pinterest, this past weekend Ginger and I went searching for something old and completely useless to re-purpose.  Off to the old shack we went.  I love that old thing, but it is very quickly deteriorating.  We needed to look in it again for old treasures. 

Hammers in hand, we took off down the driveway with Baker on his little John Deere tractor and Sidney swinging on me.


As you can see, Baker thought he would try to take a piece of the old rotten flooring home to build something out of.  He loves nothing better than working with his Christmas tools, one of his very favorite gifts.  He's going to be a construction worker when he grows up, you know. Thanks for the real tools, Bop.

In spite to her ability to spot a spider web 4 miles away and make sure I wipe every hint of it away, Sidney finally warmed up to the old shack but could only envision it as a photo backdrop.  Not a tool fell into those little dainty hands.  She is such a little priss.


Mommy only had eyes for the windows.  Visions of Pinterest posts were dancing in our heads.  On the way home we spotted an old shelf that all but fell off the wall.  Under the old shelf paper was some great looking old wood.  We could hardly contain our enthusiasm as we cradled our treasures .

Bop couldn't wait to put some legs on the little table top and in just a few minutes she had a table to cart home and figure out whether the old grunge, distressed or painted look would be best for it.  As for the window - oh, the possibilities. 


Below are two of the windows we removed from the other old shack which was on the site we built our house on about 15 years ago.  Back then it was really no big thing to recycle or repurpose old materials.  It makes me almost cry to think of the big bonfire we had when it was destroyed.  About all we thought worth saving was a few windows and a piece of trim from the mantel.  Bugs, bees and birds had been using it for their home for probably 40 plus years.  Huge vultures would fly out of it every time we came near the shack when we were looking at property to buy.  I almost blazed a new trail through the woods the first time they flew out toward us.  

Maybe I will do something crafty with this window.  For now, I kind of like it on top of the china cabinet. 


This one only had 3 panes in it so I painted them with faux lead glass paint and here you have it.  Not great, but I like it leaning against the roasted pepper red living room wall.  


 



1 comment:

4mckenzies said...

Long time, no post!
I've already hung my window up in the hall w/ my pictures in it. It's very cute!
AND I've painted the tables legs a lime green and left the top natural, just cleaned the dirt off it. I LOVE it!
It'll be a shame when the old shack falls down and we can't hunt for treasures anymore...