Sunday, March 12, 2023

GREAT MOVING SALE LAST WEEKEND!

As you are aware I have not been "in the blogging mood lately."  But Saturday gave me a boost - a moving sale in the cold driving rain in a garage.  I was amazed when we drove up and there they were, brave souls with all their trash and treasures lovingly spread out in the nice, dry garage.  The elderly lady told me they were moving near their son and into a much smaller place.  This was the third weekend it had rained and they had two more weeks before they had to be out of this house.  Soooooooo, I found some great treasures at great prices!

The best part was that my hubby was with me and they had free firewood to give to my husband.  Boy was he thrilled.  We got enough to at least finish out this winter.  We almost exclusively use a Buck wood burning stove to heat our whole house.  So, he was more than agreeable to pay for a few treasures that I found. 

Check out the cool old wooden mechanic's creeper I got for just $5.00.  I just loved it when I saw it and think it is perfect under my old white trunk, bringing it up to just the right height for an end table between the couch and chair.  I saw a creeper for sale on Etsy for $60.00.  Happy me!


It has the interesting, weird angled metal wheels.


 A little hard to see, but it just fits perfectly up under the old trunk. 

The other interesting stuff I got -


Johnny pointed out that the pitch fork has a slightly bent tine.  I assure you it only gives it more character along with the rust on the tines, great for turning my compost pile.  The old blue stool is just perfect all dinged and stained up.  The tools should help me when working on my birdhouse projects once I fix the little problem of no battery.  Hopefully not really expensive.

WHERE TO PUT THESE GERMAN THINGS?

My daughter Paige sent some of the most interesting things from Germany which I have been trying to decide what to do with.  The little painting was done on wood in 1936.  The info on the back about the artist is written in German and we have no idea what it says.  I just love the scene - pasture with cows, sheep, mountains, and shepherd.  I also have five of the little German red deer mounted antlers.  Can't quite decide what to do with them, maybe something really unexpected to a couple of them, like paint the antlers and skull a weird color or maybe paint the mounting boards.  I am still pondering the possibilities.  My house is kind-of shabby chic, traditional, uninteresting.  It has nothing totally unusual, unexpected.  Maybe it needs something strange???  I just have great pause when it comes to potentially rendering something unusable when a fad goes out of date. 


 Since I brought home about ten new items this week, I am going to try to find about ten items to throw away or give away.  Happy thrifting, y'all!

No comments: