Sunday, March 12, 2023

THE AVERAGE WINTER TUESDAY

Nothing exciting out yonder in the edge of the pine thicket, so here are just a few snapshots to frame my world.

Vinca has started to grow, bloom and twine around the old concrete bench long abandoned and forgotten at the site of our temporary home near our present house. 

The cloud of thousands of black birds passed in front of me as I drove into town.  The camera was lying on my front car seat.  Could I maybe get a pic?  Quickly, there they were turning back, as by the orders of a drill commander.  No time to focus.  God makes all things beautiful and full of mystery to man.

The young bucks out in the back woods are forced to share the spoils with the persistent Ricky Raccoon.  It looks like the one buck has already lost his antlers for the season.  Not really knowledgeable about those things, but maybe by nature or by fighting with another buck or getting tangled in underbrush.




No comments: