Sunday, March 12, 2023

SUMMER PHOTOGRAPHY

This summer has turned into a summer like no other for me.  The best laid plans.........

Usually my summer is taken up with yard work, gardening and putting up vegetables.  All the rain put a stop to those plans.  I do finally have a few rows of peas planted and up.  The green beans are being eaten down to the ground by deer, rabbits and the like.  The peas probably will go the same way as soon as they are a few inches taller.  Anyway, the creative/art/writing/photography bug has gotten hold of me and that definitely does not lead to wanting to do house cleaning.  Writing and drawing is a bit like playing, I mean working, on the computer.  A few minutes quickly turn into a couple hours.

Speaking of photography, while I am out at night walking Lulu, who is nearly as large as I am, I often notice some unusual photo opportunities.  This weeping mushroom appeared almost fluorescent white and was oozing amber and clear droplets from the snow white underside and deep red drops were running down the top.  Very unusual!

The rudbeckia just off our front porch was so pretty after a late afternoon shower.
These pretty pink blooms were smaller than a dime and grew right out the top of one of those little cactus plants that looks as though it is enveloped in a spider web.  Trying to grow cactus and succulents this summer has really been fun.  They are very forgiving when it comes to ample watering in this hot Mississippi weather. 

Happy summer, y'all.












No comments: