Sunday, March 12, 2023

SPRING 2023, HOW CAN IT BE?

March 12, 2023 / You know spring is upon us when the schools shut their doors for Spring Break. We are officially there and Ginger, Baker, and Sidney are so excited to have the week away from school and work. Before I retired in 2010, it was an important event for me, too. Now it just means there will be lots more kiddos in WalMart when I'm trying to shop and less traffic delays around the school campuses for a few days. It seems to me that only a couple days ago Baker and Sidney were out of school for Christmas break. Nine more weeks after this week and they will be out for the summer. Say it isn't so; Baker will be a senior! 

I may have jumped the gun and planted a few potted flowers too soon, but here's hoping not. I spent a young fortune at River's Greenhouse and Garden buying bedding plants, and I even settled for fewer plants than usual. Everything costs so much more this year. Inflation is out the roof, so I'm trying to cut a few corners where I  can. I'm sure they'll grow and fill in to be beautiful anyway. Hopefully a bad cold spell doesn't come along and nip them back too much. 

The two big ferns that always sit on the front steps are still so pretty, this being their fourth year. We just store them in the garage before it gets too cold and drag them back out about the first week in March. The yellow pollen has coated our porches, swings, and plants. I'm ready to power wash and enjoy the porch swings before the muggies arrive.

Happy Spring Break, y'all!

No comments: