Sunday, March 12, 2023

AH, SPRING BREAK

Reflecting on Spring Break now behind us, I must say I enjoyed all the family fun.  Actually it began on last Friday with our new puppy.  Soon I realized I must have lost my mind.  Lulu, our new 8 week old Lab baby, cried VERY VERY VERY loudly all night.  That wasn't so bad, but then I realized we were going to have 6 family members staying with us beginning the next day and included a 6 month old human baby.  The thought of the impact all that whining and barking and yowling was going to have on the little great grandson's ability to sleep slapped me into reality.  This week could turn into anything but a vacation for every one of us. 
Lulu's favorite pass time - chewing on pinecones.

I walked the pup, wiped the floor, scooped up poo, replaced torn up puppy pads, spent mountains of money to make Lulu more comfy and all the while I knew I should be getting the house ready for our guests. Thankfully, all my greatest worries were for naught.  Little Lulu was so good about going out to potty and she settled right into sleeping quietly in her new kennel.  Great-grandson Mason was just precious and we had not one minute of trouble getting him to sleep and mix in with all the strange family members huggin and smoochin around on him.  What a little trouper.  This was the first time his Grandpa Joe and Uncle William had seen him.  He stole Grandpa Joe's heart and only had eyes for him during the whole visit.  They were so handsome together.


"Grandpa Joe has been holding me for hours and hours.  I could really get used to this."

Just swingin with Grandpa Joe.  Whee!

Mamaw Duke with great-great grandson Mason and great-great granddaughter Brooklyn.

By Friday everyone had gone back home and the weekend visitor arrived - Max - the brother to our little Lulu.  Ginger and Danny got Lulu's brother for Baker.  He has wanted a dog for so long and has talked about a black doggie since the day he was able to say dog.

Max and Lulu were so cute together and a real handful to try to potty train to go outside.  I got less sleep than if I had had twins of my own.  All they wanted to do was tussle with each other and get themselves and me all tangled up in their leashes.  They even got so good at it, one night about 2:30 a.m. they managed to twist around my ankles and next thing I knew I was on the ground on my knees with both pups licking me in the face.  Just about as quickly, they got all tangled in the shrubs with their leashes.  There I was on my hands and knees again trying to untangle the mess while they were yelping and licking at me.  Let's just say, it was a very trying night. 

Two peas in a pod.

They had totally worn themselves out.


By the time Max went home Sunday afternoon, I was in love with Max, but I was totally pooped out and ready for Spring Break to be just a pleasant memory.   And so it is.

1 comment:

4mckenzies said...

LOVE the picture of Max & Lulu sleeping! Too cute! Thanks for keeping him. I think he misses Lulu... She can come stay anytime. (hopefully Danny will be home when she does!)