Sunday, March 12, 2023

WE'RE BACK! STILL LOVIN' BRYCE!

Today I am trying to settle back into the saddle of everyday life, well almost.  Finally, Johnny has gone back to work, and I am doing my everyday chores of washing clothes, picking up, sweeping.......... and all that fun stuff. 

We spent three weeks on the road together, traveled 5,231 miles, tent camped 17 of those days and had a glorious time enjoying the beauty of our great country, along with a bit of family time with one of our daughters, grands and great-grands. It surely is good to be home, though.  There really is no place like home.

Have you ever seen something that just WOWED you?  Left you speechless?  Bryce Canyon did that for me.  God truly did give us unimaginable things to see and enjoy.  Out of all the things we saw in the 14 states we traveled through, my favorite was definitely Bryce Canyon in Utah.   I have never heard or read much about it,  and we only ended up there because it was on the way to something else we wanted to see, but I don't think I would ever tire of looking at that place.  The first thing that made it special was the light snow falling as we entered the park.  Now you have to understand that us Mississippi flat-landers don't get to see very much snow in our whole lifetime, so the first snow anywhere is a real treat.  

As we ended the hike up a very steep incline trail to the viewing point and I looked over the edge - WOW was about all I could come out with - over and over and over again!  It was absolutely beautiful.  Pictures, nor words, do it justice, but here goes.


Sometimes it would appear as if each hoodoo (spike or column) was an ancient soldier standing at attention, other times it looked like a beautiful huge city scape against the distant background.  I could see castles, cathedrals, grand monuments, grottoes, church spires, tunnels, secret doorways, kings and their queens, staircases and monsters.  They were all there and then gone with just a movement of the head or the passing of a cloud.



 
If you every get the chance to go to Utah, don't miss Bryce Canyon. 





  

No comments: