Sunday, March 12, 2023

INTERNET FINALLY!!!

Well guys, I am about to jump out of my seat.  We just watched MSU score that final score against Tennessee.  WooHoo!!!  How 'bout them Dawgs?  Could you believe that last touchdown?  OK, back to telling you what is going on with us. 

We have been getting to see every beautiful mountain we could find.  Zion National Park was today.  We ended up trying to find a tent site too late today and just couldn't, so we are in a looser of a hotel in a really pretty town that happens to be in the edge of a desert climate.  We were so amazed to see all the palm trees just a few miles from the cold mountains of Zion.  The weather is so mild this year and the tourists are everywhere and so many of them are camping like us. 

We have camped in a wind storm, almost an inch of snow, rain and red mud and one time we were the only people i8n the whole state park.  We have seen 2 dead moose on the side of the highways (no live ones yet), an elk in someone's pasture beside their house, lots of buck and doe mule deer, jack rabbits, grouse, coyotes, buffalo, pronghorn antelope, bighorn sheep, chipmunks, and a tarantula.  Baker, that tarantula was a real golly-whopper.  He would have creeped you out.  I know he did me!   It is hard to tell it here, but he was big enough to cover the top of a coffee cup.  Yikes!


Tomorrow we are going to head down south and try to see Sedona, Arizona.  The weather is supposed to be very nice. 

We surely do miss you guys, but are having a really great time. 


MARMALADE TELLS HER SIDE OF THE STORY

Hi, everybody.  Marmalade here.  I am about to dry out from all the rain the last two days.  It was thundering and lightning all over the place and I was snuggled up in a goose down blanket with Nonnie and Bop.  Then it was so cold and windy I just about flew off the mountain.  We even got to camp in the snow in Colorado.  It was really, really, really COLD there.  The worse thing though was that creepy spider.  I am glad I don't live around here, but it surely is pretty here. 

I got to make a new friend one day.  Somebody else's Nonnie was taking her granddaughter's frog, her name was Jammies, to see the wild, wild west, too.  Nonnie just had to take their picture, but the computer is very, very slow, so the picture will not download tonight.  You know how Nonnie is about taking those pictures.  She has taken about 300 pics every day!  Lots of them are of me.  She thinks I am so cute.  Anyway, they made that frog wear silly looking pajamas.  Thank goodness I didn't have on funny clothes like I did at Aunt Paige's house. 

We have to go to sleep now.  Nonnie will be up early making more pictures tomorrow and I want to look my best.  Sidney, I will be home soon.

By the way, Baker, we'll talk about that feller buncher some more when we get home.  Nite, nite!



No comments: