Sunday, March 12, 2023

FUN WEEKEND AT THE BEACH

We spent the weekend at Orange Beach, Alabama, with some very special friends, Joyce and Glenn. Though I really tend to prefer the mountains to the beach, I have seldom been any place that I didn't really enjoy, and I really enjoyed this place.  The weather was perfect and the fellowship was even better.  We walked miles and miles up and down beach combing and brought home a nice assortment of shells and small driftwood.  I can just see a sea shell project in my near future.  
 Sting rays we spotted in just a few inches of water right in the edge of the surf. 
Night fisherman posing for me.  
At the Sweet Home Cheese Farm I fell in love with this cute chicken coop.  So German looking to me.
This old delivery truck on the Cheese Farm was just as cute as the chicken coop.
Another hungry bird waiting for a dropped picnic potato chip or fishing minnow on the Wolf Bay boardwalk.  I think he loved having his picture taken.
Beautiful moss covered trees on the Backcountry Trail.  There were alligator warning signs all along the trail and we certainly kept our eyes open and our feet on the trail.  Luckily, we saw nothing.
A couple of dolphins we saw as we took a dolphin tour in the inter-coastal waters.  They were very hard to get a good picture of, especially the young ones swimming with their mothers.
Sunset from the dolphin cruise boat.  Just enough clouds to make it absolutely beautiful.

Good night all.

No comments: