Sunday, March 12, 2023

WHAT, 29 AGAIN!

Seems like just a few months ago I was celebrating my 29th birthday and here it comes again.  Amazing how quickly the years are flying by.  It's interesting how I am only 29 and have three grown kids with kids of their own.  Lol.  The kids gave me a Hob Lob gift card, handmade necklace and pottery, and my sweet hubby made a bench for my back yard out of old reclaimed wood. 

Yesterday I couldn't find him when lunch was ready, so I followed the noise out to our storage building.  There he was with stuff all over the floor, the power saw going full speed, a pencil behind his ear and a legal pad on the floor with some kind of hand sketch on it.   Pieces of lumber were all over the floor and the yard. When I asked him what he was doing, he had a sheepish look on his stern face and told me he was "just piddlin."  I knew instantly he was up to something and to drop the subject.  Back in the house and lunch for me.

After coming in and grabbing a bite he was gone again without even a word.  It seemed like he was having one of those monthly hormonal things like us girls get from time to time, or something.  Anyway, I just decided to let that sleeping dog lie.

Some time later he came in and asked me to, "Come out here, I want to show you something."  I was thinking this better be good, him getting me up off that comfy chair and acting all tooty and such.  There he sat in the back yard on a cute little wooden bench and smiling at me with this high school flirty look, cause he knew I would like it.  So that is how he gave me the birthday present.   He even pointed out how he left the old grey paint on it just the way I like it.  He's a keeper and the bench too.


It measures about 3 fannies long.  Cute, isn't it?

Ferns on the back porch - love the old blue stool I bought at a yard sale.


Larkspur in my garden


Black Eyed Susans along the roadside today


God makes all things good!






1 comment:

4mckenzies said...

Happy Birthday! Love the bench! I'm still waiting on my swing frame... :)