Sunday, March 12, 2023

MY OH MY, MISSISSIPPI SNOW!

Out yonder where the wild things roam, just beyond the back porch, a beautiful transformation happened last night.  Not everyone can appreciate my excitement of waking up this morning to a beautiful dusting of fresh fallen snow, but for us southern belles, it is a delight when it does come and a delight when it leaves quickly.

The grand kids got an unexpected school holiday and I got a fun morning of photography.  By noon, the kids were bored, I had taken a picture of everything from a wheel barrow to rusty pitch forks, the snow was all gone and my feet were no longer numb up to my knees.  What more could I ask for?

Maybe the prettiest pic is the apple blossoms.  I had just snapped a picture a few days ago because they were so delicate looking and it seemed way too early for them to be showing color.  Today they were just beautiful dressed in white sequins.  Maybe this quick snow didn't ruin my chances for apple pie in late July.

 

Just a week ago I spied one lone daffodil and wondered if it had stuck its little head out just a bit too early.  This morning it looked a bit heavy and frozen with the heavy bonnet of snow balanced on that brave yellow head.



 


Out yonder near my garden is a big old beech tree which never ceases to look beautiful however God has clothed her.  She is a lady for all seasons.


 
  
Isn't she beautiful?


No comments: