Sunday, March 12, 2023

MUSHROOMS - LOTS AND LOTS OF THEM!

After a good rain, and especially following a little drought, little mushrooms appear seemingly from nowhere.  Such was the case on the site of an old oak tree stump, which I am trying to turn into a flower bed in the front of our house.  The tree has been dead and gone for some 7-10 years, and there is almost nothing left of it except the very big deep roots.  This is what we found the next evening after a big rain.


There were little mushes all under the periwinkles, even though you really can't tell how many bazillion there are from this picture.


Since we first found them late in the evening, this pic was highlighted by flashlight.


This reminds me of some undersea pics I've seen.


The early morning sun shining on them.  I had thought they might be past their peek the next day, but they looked pretty for a complete day.


Not exceptional pic, I just liked the pretty bits of pink flowers and blue from the clear morning sky.


That little spider scampered all over the place when I was laying down trying to get the best shots.  It was like she was protecting her brood or food source.  She probably was, and I'll admit I was quite put off by her, small as she was.


Mushes by flashlight. 


The mass of the mushes was truly amazing.  I can't imagine seeing that many in one spot ever again.  Doesn't God give us a beautiful, interesting world to enjoy?  What a fun photo shoot. 


These were just a few feet away and obviously different.  Strange.



No comments: