Sunday, March 12, 2023

GOD'S HANDYWORK MAKES ME SMILE

Nothing makes me smile quite like flowers, baby animals and all things natural.  Spring especially makes me smile, and I just have to get outside with camera in hand and wander around looking for those simple things that we see everyday but are so beautiful when captured in just the right light.  I know those ecology folks call these types of plants "noxious weeds,"  but I've always heard God don't make no junk!

So, look closely at all the wildflowers you encounter just in case the "plant police" do manage to wipe them out some day.

A white clover bloom is very common, yet has interesting, great detail, when viewed closely.

I don't even know the name of this wildflower, but the ones growing in the front of our old shack are snow white, and notice the ones in the picture below, which grow in the back yard of the shack, are lavender and seem to be a bit more lacy/loose than the white ones.




Look how similar these little yellow wildflowers are, and yet they are very different.

 

The tall blue/lavender wildflowers below are all over our place this spring.  They've never been here before, maybe it is from all the rain we had, or maybe because we usually mow the grass earlier than this, again due to the very wet ground.  All I know, I am enjoying them this year.

The wild blackberry vines look like I might have enough berries to make a batch of jelly in July.  Aren't the blooms pretty?  You can't really see them, but there are a million little thorns all up and down the stems, and they are just murder when the berries get ripe.  Wearing long sleeves in the 95 degree weather is a necessity (because of the thorns and the mosquitoes which are the size of a jumbo jet and LOVE to bite me), and still I will end up with scratches and pricks up and down my arms.  But, my oh my that jelly is certainly worth it!
Here is a look at the noisy little wren who is raising her little ones on our back porch in a gourd just about a foot from the porch swing we swing in every chance we get.  She gets all nervous and squawks and screeche at us.  She is a busy little thing,  and the daddy bird works just about as hard as she does feeding the babies.

 

No comments: